Employment Visa Backlog? Temporary Solutions Come to the Rescue


Are you a holder of an H-1B visa or waiting for a green card? According to new updates in the USCIS policy, you can get authorization documents (EADs) in certain situations. You shouldn't worry about a possible delay in your employment visa backlog. Whether you’re temporarily unemployed or don’t have an immigrant status, there is a solution for you. 

Find out if you have the right to get an EAD. You need to meet the obligatory requirements: 

  • A presence of the Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers (I-140 Form). 
  • Have a nonimmigrant status.
  • Your family members and you must have clean records. 
  • Biometrics is a must for both you and your family members. 
  • Check your immigrant visa date for it not to be current. 

Now, let’s talk about the circumstances to be eligible for an EAD. These are the most common cases, according to the USCIS policy updates. 

  • You’ve got serious health problems that prevent you from continuing your job.
  • You’ve got kids of the school age.
  • You’ve been involved in some dispute with the company you work for.
  • You’ve suffered from serious harm from your employer.

Take into account that the list of circumstances for the EAD qualification can be changed annually. If you’ve met all the requirements once, but later they’ve changed, your EAD won’t be extended automatically. 

However, it’s a great temporary solution that will come to the rescue until you don’t deal with the existing circumstances. So, check if you can qualify for an EAD until you find a new company to work for or get a new visa.

Last Updated 11/18/23 11:27:05AM

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Answer a random question about the US Who is the Commander in Chief of the military? (question 32 of 100)

Rate this post



It so happened that I had to apply for political asylum in the United States. I understood in advance that it would not be easy to leave for America, but I didn't think that I would have to draw up so many documents and answer many tricky questions. With the help of Usa-immigrations.com, which I accidentally found on the Internet, I managed to overcome all the difficulties associated with paperwork quite easily. The site has a lot of useful and necessary information, with the help of which it is easy to collect and fill in all the necessary documents.


I married an American and had to get a green card to move to the USA. I found the website Usa-immigrations.com on the Internet, went to it and immediately realized that here I would find all the necessary information. On the site, I really found everything I needed. Thanks to the developers for coming up with such a useful site.


I needed to issue Form I-130 “Petition for a Foreigner Relative” in order to take my wife and child with me. I myself went to America on a green card and received permanent resident status. On the website Usa-immigrations.com, I found not only a form, but also instructions for filling it out. In addition, here I found other useful information, such as how much you need to pay for submitting the form and how you can pay. It also tells you where to submit your completed form. All this information is very useful for people who have never dealt with the execution of such documents.


My husband and I left for the United States on a green card, but it's time to update it. To do this, you need to collect documents again. We decided not to seek help from lawyers, but to do everything ourselves. I heard from a friend that there is a website Usa-immigrations.com, where you can get not only the information you need, but also find and download all the forms you need to fill out. The site really turned out to be very useful, we were able to quickly fill out the necessary forms and send them for processing.


The impressions of using the website Usa-immigrations.com are positive. Prepared documents for leaving for permanent residence in the United States. Like any person who faced this task for the first time, she did not know where to start and where to run. A friend helped. I don't know where she got the address of this site, but the information on it is really very useful and necessary. With the help of Usa-immigrations.com, I not only found out what documents I need to collect, but also found instructions on how to fill out the required form. Many thanks to those who came up with this site.

Choose a messenger for communication: