Processing of Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation), or Form I-131A, usually takes two weeks. However, processing time depends on USCIS workload and every single case.
If you want to approve your Form I-131A fast, the best recommendation is to prepare and file the application accurately, timely, and correctly, without mistakes and gaps that will badly affect the speed of processing.
Steps to file and approve Form I-131A:
- Submit the filing fee via USCIS online payment system.
- Print your payment confirmation page (or e-mail confirmation).
- Find the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate (see USEmbassy.gov).
- Keep your application and supporting evidence in order not to miss a thing.
- Show the payment evidence when filing Form I-131A in person at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Wait for U.S. Embassy or Consulate to notify you when decision is made (be sure you provided accurate contact information).
It is possible to expedite Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation) provided that you have substantial reasons and sufficient evidence for an urgent trip to the USA (for example, an important business event, disease of a family member, etc.).
February 6, 2019