What is “disposition” on Form I-131?

Information on “disposition” should be indicated in your Application for Travel Document (Form I-131) only if you have ever got a re-entry permit or a refugee travel document from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

You must provide a clear and sufficient explanation of what happened to a prior travel document, otherwise you won’t get a new one, especially if the previously issued travel document is still valid. It should be fully explained in item 4c “Disposition (attached, lost, etc.)” of Part 3 “Processing Information” how the document was dispositioned (stolen, lost, damaged, destroyed, returned to USCIS).

If a prior travel document was stolen or damaged, you should submit a proper proof together with Form I-131 (a police report or a photocopy of the mutilated document). If it reached its expiry date, you just need to write “expired” in the above-mentioned field of a new Form I-131. If it is still valid, you should send it back to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the same envelope with a new Form I-131.

February 15, 2019

Rate this post


Sign up for complimentary immigration tips