Form EOIR-29 | Notice of Appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals from a Decision of a DHS Officer


Form Is Used for

Arbitrating all applications for visas is in the jurisdiction of the local Director or the Regional Service Center Directors of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After reviewing visa petitions (as well as revoking or confirming approvals for visa applications), the District Director or Regional Service Center Director notifies applicants in a writing form about a resolution adopted.

Applicants may appeal against the resolution before the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) or USCIS if law and regulations allow it. In order to identify the organization authorized to handle the appeal, the petitioner should check out the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and the Code of Federal Regulations (CRF).

Jurisdiction of the Board covers family-based immigrant applications as required by Sections 204 of the INA (excluding the petitions of certain orphans). Applicants need to provide the EOIR-29 form is cases that fall within the jurisdiction of the Board. Checking out the instructions listed in the form might help to clarify the plan of action.


No data

Download EOIR-29 form

Last Updated 03/27/23 04:15:50AM

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Answer a random question about the US We elect a President for how many years? (question 26 of 100)

All pages Form EOIR-29 | Notice of Appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals from a Decision of a DHS Officer

Rate this post



It so happened that I had to apply for political asylum in the United States. I understood in advance that it would not be easy to leave for America, but I didn't think that I would have to draw up so many documents and answer many tricky questions. With the help of, which I accidentally found on the Internet, I managed to overcome all the difficulties associated with paperwork quite easily. The site has a lot of useful and necessary information, with the help of which it is easy to collect and fill in all the necessary documents.


I married an American and had to get a green card to move to the USA. I found the website on the Internet, went to it and immediately realized that here I would find all the necessary information. On the site, I really found everything I needed. Thanks to the developers for coming up with such a useful site.


I needed to issue Form I-130 “Petition for a Foreigner Relative” in order to take my wife and child with me. I myself went to America on a green card and received permanent resident status. On the website, I found not only a form, but also instructions for filling it out. In addition, here I found other useful information, such as how much you need to pay for submitting the form and how you can pay. It also tells you where to submit your completed form. All this information is very useful for people who have never dealt with the execution of such documents.


My husband and I left for the United States on a green card, but it's time to update it. To do this, you need to collect documents again. We decided not to seek help from lawyers, but to do everything ourselves. I heard from a friend that there is a website, where you can get not only the information you need, but also find and download all the forms you need to fill out. The site really turned out to be very useful, we were able to quickly fill out the necessary forms and send them for processing.


The impressions of using the website are positive. Prepared documents for leaving for permanent residence in the United States. Like any person who faced this task for the first time, she did not know where to start and where to run. A friend helped. I don't know where she got the address of this site, but the information on it is really very useful and necessary. With the help of, I not only found out what documents I need to collect, but also found instructions on how to fill out the required form. Many thanks to those who came up with this site.

Choose a messenger for communication: