Form I-129F | Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)


online Form I-129F

You need to file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), if you want your fiancé(e) to move to the United States, obtain the green card, and become a lawful permanent resident. Note that even if your petition for your fiancé(e) is approved, that does not mean that your fiancé(e) is already a U.S. resident. Your fiancé(e) also needs to request the the K1 visa before he or she arrives to the U.S. (and if your fiancé(e) has children, they can move to the U.S. with the K-2 visa).

There is an alternative way to obtain the green card when your petition is approved. Your fiancé(e) can arrive to the U.S. and apply for adjustment of status. (Adjustment of status means that your fiancé(e) requests the green card to become a permanent resident when he or she is located on the U.S. territory without a green card.

You can only file Form I-129F as a permanent resident (the green card holder) or as a U.S. citizen.

General Form I-129F instructions

If you file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with USCIS, you should follow a few general recommendations.

In the following list, you can find the main tips on how to fill out Form I-129F:

  • Only use the black ink to fill out the form. It is recommended to write block letters to improve the legibility of text. You should also clip several sheets of paper together.
  • Mention all the required information in all the sections in Form I-129F. If you make an error, you must start a new application form.
  • Gather the supporting documentation for your petition.

Note that the petitions for alien fiancé(e) USCIS requires various evidence such as the certificate of naturalization or citizenship. You may need to prepare the evidence depending on the reason for your petition, for example, a marriage certificate. If you need more information what certificate you may need to prepare, you should consult your lawyer. You can consult the Form I-129F instructions for more details on what USCIS can require from you.

Form I- 129F fee

The fee for filing Form I-129F is the same as for the Form I-130, that is $535. Because the fee may be changed by USCIS, you should check the correct fee before actually paying it.

You can only pay the exact amount of $535, and if USCIS requires you to pay for the biometrics services, you need to pay extra $85 separately from the Form I-129F filing fee. USCIS mentions that the Form I-129F applicants can pay the fee using a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check, but they cannot pay using their credit or debit card.

Form I-129F processing time

The U.S. government cannot tell how much time it will take to process your Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Depending on the validity of the documents that you provided with your Form I-129F application and the amount of petitions that USCIS has to process, it takes up to a year to approve your petition. It also takes time for your fiancé(e) to get the visa (which is usually up to 6 months).

USCIS may request various documents from you to support your petition, so you should be ready to apply them with your Form I-129F. Also, you may need to visit USCIS to provide your fingerprints and photographs. You should not miss the appointment as this will lengthen the time before your petition gets approved. Not only that, USCIS may even reject your petition, and you will have to file another one.

Where to send Form I-129F

You can only mail Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), to one of the three USCIS mailboxes. To get the correct USCIS mailing addresses, consult the Where to File section on the Form I-129F page.

Form I-129F PDF

Download a free copy of Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), from our website.

Download  pdf file form I-129F petition form for the bridegroom Download instructions Form I-129F | Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Last Updated 03/09/23 04:18:27AM

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Answer a random question about the US What is the “rule of law”? (question 12 of 100)

All pages Form I-129F | Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

2 voices

avatar Alex


If I don’t have a green card, can I file an I-129F form?

Reply Alex

avatar usa-immigrations


Reply for Alex

Form I-129F, can only be filed by a permanent resident (green card holder) or a US citizen.

Rate this post

See also



It so happened that I had to apply for political asylum in the United States. I understood in advance that it would not be easy to leave for America, but I didn't think that I would have to draw up so many documents and answer many tricky questions. With the help of, which I accidentally found on the Internet, I managed to overcome all the difficulties associated with paperwork quite easily. The site has a lot of useful and necessary information, with the help of which it is easy to collect and fill in all the necessary documents.


I married an American and had to get a green card to move to the USA. I found the website on the Internet, went to it and immediately realized that here I would find all the necessary information. On the site, I really found everything I needed. Thanks to the developers for coming up with such a useful site.


I needed to issue Form I-130 “Petition for a Foreigner Relative” in order to take my wife and child with me. I myself went to America on a green card and received permanent resident status. On the website, I found not only a form, but also instructions for filling it out. In addition, here I found other useful information, such as how much you need to pay for submitting the form and how you can pay. It also tells you where to submit your completed form. All this information is very useful for people who have never dealt with the execution of such documents.


My husband and I left for the United States on a green card, but it's time to update it. To do this, you need to collect documents again. We decided not to seek help from lawyers, but to do everything ourselves. I heard from a friend that there is a website, where you can get not only the information you need, but also find and download all the forms you need to fill out. The site really turned out to be very useful, we were able to quickly fill out the necessary forms and send them for processing.


The impressions of using the website are positive. Prepared documents for leaving for permanent residence in the United States. Like any person who faced this task for the first time, she did not know where to start and where to run. A friend helped. I don't know where she got the address of this site, but the information on it is really very useful and necessary. With the help of, I not only found out what documents I need to collect, but also found instructions on how to fill out the required form. Many thanks to those who came up with this site.

Choose a messenger for communication: