Form I-929 | Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant

Purpose of Form

There is a special procedure in the US, which gives victims of crimes a possibility to get the status of U nonimmigrant status. This status ensures you special immigrant benefits if you are a victim of serious crimes. In fact, this status was created in order to eliminate all obstacles on the way of solving crimes. Moreover, this status is available not only people who stay in the US legally but also illegal undocumented immigrants. In some cases, victims can apply for these benefits on behalf of other family members in order to get family member’s help in the US. 

Special Instructions

If you want to get this status, you should fill the form I-929 (Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant).

Download form I-929 Download instructions Form I-929 | Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant

Last Updated 02/22/20 02:22:00AM

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Answer a random question about the US Why did the colonists fight the British? (question 61 of 100)

All pages Form I-929 | Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant

Rate this post



It so happened that I had to apply for political asylum in the United States. I understood in advance that it would not be easy to leave for America, but I didn't think that I would have to draw up so many documents and answer many tricky questions. With the help of, which I accidentally found on the Internet, I managed to overcome all the difficulties associated with paperwork quite easily. The site has a lot of useful and necessary information, with the help of which it is easy to collect and fill in all the necessary documents.


I married an American and had to get a green card to move to the USA. I found the website on the Internet, went to it and immediately realized that here I would find all the necessary information. On the site, I really found everything I needed. Thanks to the developers for coming up with such a useful site.


I needed to issue Form I-130 “Petition for a Foreigner Relative” in order to take my wife and child with me. I myself went to America on a green card and received permanent resident status. On the website, I found not only a form, but also instructions for filling it out. In addition, here I found other useful information, such as how much you need to pay for submitting the form and how you can pay. It also tells you where to submit your completed form. All this information is very useful for people who have never dealt with the execution of such documents.


My husband and I left for the United States on a green card, but it's time to update it. To do this, you need to collect documents again. We decided not to seek help from lawyers, but to do everything ourselves. I heard from a friend that there is a website, where you can get not only the information you need, but also find and download all the forms you need to fill out. The site really turned out to be very useful, we were able to quickly fill out the necessary forms and send them for processing.


The impressions of using the website are positive. Prepared documents for leaving for permanent residence in the United States. Like any person who faced this task for the first time, she did not know where to start and where to run. A friend helped. I don't know where she got the address of this site, but the information on it is really very useful and necessary. With the help of, I not only found out what documents I need to collect, but also found instructions on how to fill out the required form. Many thanks to those who came up with this site.

Choose a messenger for communication: