Form I-800A | Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country

Purpose of Form

If you want to adopt a child, you should make sure whether this child is from Hague Convention country or not because procedures in these two instances differ. After filling the appropriate form, USCIS will determine whether you are eligible to adopt a child from this country. Pay attention, it’s not recommended to contact the child or accept placement of this child before submitting your application.

Special Instructions

If this child is from Hague Convention country, you have to file Form I-800A. However, if you decided to adopt the child from another country, you should file Form I-600A (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition).

Download I-800A Form

April 17, 2019

Rate this post
Sign up for complimentary immigration tips